egroupware with kolab2

Krzysztof Matusik kyf at arterm.pl
Tue Nov 13 15:16:27 CET 2007

Dnia poniedziałek 12 listopad 2007, Gunnar Wrobel napisał:
> "rajnish kumar" <kumarrajnishgupta at gmail.com> writes:
> > Dear
> >          I want to make egroupware as kolab client how kolab support
> > egroupware.
>
> egroupware is incapable to work with the Kolab server. egroupware is
> fully databased driven and the code don't abstract the DB level at
> all. So I doubt the developers of egroupware will ever consider making
> their software Kolab compatible.
I disagree. It is possible to have LDAP stored user information within
egroupware. Furthermore its Felamimail is imap-based. I'm not sure about the
calendar though.
The problem with launching kolab with egroupware or gosa is that it seems to
me kolab uses non standard LDAP tree organisation
Why there's cn=internal,dc=domain,dc=com instead of something like
ou=internal,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com in kolab?

Is there any strong reason to keep those things incompatible?

--
Krzysztof Matusik