kolab-2.2-beta2; OpenPKG error: unexpected EOF

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sat Nov 3 16:47:43 CET 2007

Hi Alain,

Thank you for replying.  I am replying back to you via the list, so as to keep
this thread there, in case it helps others.  I hope that is OK.

On Saturday 03 November 2007 04:34:12 you wrote:
> >   1.) the "snakeoil" certificate doesn't seem to have been installed into
> > '/kolab/etc/apache/ssl.crt'.  No indication that it was generated.
> > Apache of course fails to start, unless I comment out the lines in
> > '/kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf' that have to dowitht he SSL certs.  Is
> > there a way to generate them on the server?
>
> /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_sslcert.sh `hostname`

I ran that, but it didn't create the "snakeoil" certificates that Apache is
looking for.  Here are the SSL lines in '/kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf':

----------
    SSLEngine             on
    SSLCertificateFile    /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.crt/snakeoil-rsa.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-rsa.key
    SSLCertificateFile    /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.crt/snakeoil-dsa.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-dsa.key
----------

I would imagine that since the root CA lives in '/kolab/etc/kolab', I should
be able to create the necessary certs, anyway?

> >   2.) All te services are running, but I cannot connect to any of them
> > (tried telnetting to ports 25, 110, and connecting to the webserver on
> > port 80 from Firefox)
>
> Can you check if services are binded to the sockets, using "netstat -a"
> Is your hostaname, ip address configured into your /etc/host file ?

They are, but a closer inspection of the config files show they are binding to
the localhost address (127.0.0.1) for some reason... :-(  I will if I can
re-bootstrap and see if that fixes it.

-Alan Murrell