Connection Refused

Paul Franklin kolab at paulfranklin.org
Tue May 22 16:46:40 CEST 2007

Thank you.  Success at last! I have done

# /etc/init.d/fetchmail stop
Stopping Mail Transport Agent: sendmail
# /kolab/bin/openpkg rc postfix restart
openPKG: restart: postfix
# telnet 127.0.0.1 25
trying 127.0.0.1...
#ps ax | grep postfix
    678 tty3   S+   0:00 grep postfix

I suspected therefore that for some reason postfix decided not to run
after all.  So I did

# apt-get remove sendmail and rebooted.
reboot

It still loaded sendmail.  apt-get remove sendmail claims that it cannot
be removed because it was already.  So I changed the permissions of
sendmail in /etc/init.d so that it is non-executable.  Not the right
way, I know, but it stopped sendmail from loading.  Now Kolab works.

Thank you very much for your help, Alain.
--Paul