Certificate simple question

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Wed May 16 16:12:11 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 13:06, Divan Santana wrote:
> When I installed Kolab 2.1 I installed using a wrong FQDN.
>
> Now I simply want to change my certificate.
>
> So how I plan on doing this is simply install kolab 2.1 on a test box with
> the correct certificate details when I run
> "/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b" and then copy the cert.pem and
> key.pem to /kolab/etc/kolab on the live box and restart kolab.
>
> Is that safe and correct?

Yes, that's possible, but you don't need to build another kolab installation
for this. You can either generate the certificate yourself with openssl
(rather cumbersome) or you can use a program to administrate the certificate.
I'm using TinyCA here to do just that. The nice thing about this is that you
can also adminster client certificates with TinyCA and it will also generate
the necessary CRL (certificate revocation list) for you. Very nice. :-)

Cheerio,

Thomas