obmtool:WARNING install failure. Missing [[many, many packages]]

Thomas Lotterer thomas+kolab at lotterer.net
Thu Jun 21 22:36:38 CEST 2007

>>> On Wednesday, 13. June 2007 at 10:34 pm, Jonathan Guilbault jonathang at canril.com> wrote:
> Essentially, the install script completed and I discovered on bootstrap that
> perl was missing.  I examined the log and found suggestions that numerous
> other packages were missing.

Looking at the logs I see that the OpenPKG gcc is missing. This is an early and
fundamental package and if it fails almost every other piece will be missing.

The problem here is that the OpenPKG packages used are rather ancient and many
fixes, improvements and  udpates available in OpenPKG are not used. But there
is good news! Two weeks back all Kolab changes to existing OpenPKG packages, no
matter if Kolab specific or generic, have been merged into OpenPKG CURRENT.
That means the possibilities to build Kolab with current OSS have never been
better than now. Please look at
http://www.intevation.de/pipermail/kolab-devel/2007-June/007000.html

--
http://thomas.lotterer.net