obmtool:WARNING install failure.  Missing [[many, many packages]]

Jonathan Guilbault jonathang at canril.com
Wed Jun 13 22:34:36 CEST 2007

Hello,
First of all, I think that this problem could be related to the gcc version
I'm using to build Kolab from source (as per the instructions on the wiki).
I'm using gcc 4.1.1 on CentOS 5 to install Kolab 2.1.0 from source.

Essentially, the install script completed and I discovered on bootstrap that
perl was missing.  I examined the log and found suggestions that numerous
other packages were missing.

My last message had a log file attached and was too large.  I've attached two
files to this post that are much smaller:

1.  "install-failure.log" is a grep for "failure" of the kolab-build.log file
produced by the install command suggested in the wiki.  It lists dozens upon
dozens of install failures due to missing dependencies.

2. "unsatisfied-dependencies.log" is the product of "/kolab/bin/openpkg
rpm -Va", which was a check I found suggested in the output I examined in the
log.  It lists several packages as missing.

So:
1.  If this is due to the gcc version, what version of gcc do I need to use to
compile Kolab 2.1.0 & the associated OpenPKG stuff from source?

2. If it's not my gcc version (I though OpenPKG >=2.5.x was supposed to fix
the gcc >=4.0 issue), then does anyone have any idea what it is?

Thank you for your time,
Jonathan Guilbault.