Newbie questions about address book, configure client and others

Rubén Gómez Antolí lobo at mucharuina.com
Fri Jul 20 13:41:31 CEST 2007

I continue with this thread,

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Rubén Gómez Antolí <lobo at mucharuina.com> writes:
>
>> - Address book. We want to share our contact globally, but kaddressbook
>> (kontact client here) seems that "only" look for in share address book
>> of kolab. We want add a contact in kaddressbook and automagically "up"
>> to share address. It is possible? Maybe that I have something wrong
>> configure or missed configured.
>
> In the kolab webadmin frontend you have the possibility to create
> entries in a so called "Global Addressbook". These are stored in the
> LDAP tree and not in an IMAP folder. This way they should be
> accessible to all users on the system.

I know, but I want to do this:

"User A" add a contact in his "kaddresbook" on "kontact". "User B"
should access to these contact automatically when "User A" finish to add it.

Add contacts throught webadmin is not the desired way.

>> - Share calendar. In the test I'm doing to share appointments and to-dos
>> I need to assing to a group in which I'm suscribe. Then I must to
>> "receive" in Kmail to get a mail in which I receive the appointment, Is
>> it the usual way?
>
> Hm, do you mean "synchronize" when you say "receive"?

Yes? I mean to say "check mail in "kolab server" acount".

> Kontact uses
> disconnected IMAP which means that it tries to minimize the number of
> times it has to connect to the IMAP server. So you have to explicitely
> let it synchronize with IMAP in order to note new calendar items or
> tasks. Was this what you meant?

Possibly yes. I repeat my question, Is this the usual way?

> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

Thanks so much for your attention.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.