Kolab install on Gentoo - error "Couldn't download 'framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'"

Charles Dand charles.dand at penguinfactory.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 12:33:15 CEST 2007

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles Dand <charles.dand at penguinfactory.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Whilst attempting to install the Gentoo native version of Kolab I have
>> run into an error whilst emerging kolabd, the error reported is
>>
>> !!! Couldn't download 'framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'. Aborting.
>>
>> I checked on the ftp server and right enough the directory
>> /pub/snaps/2007-07-01/ doesn't exist, instead there are a number of
>> others (which clearly correlate with the date). Just wondering which
>> directory I should be looking for instead, is it advisable to use the
>> latest?
>
> this is a problem of the way I currently built the horde ebuilds. They
> are snapshot based and the snapshots are only available for a week. So
> I am forced to upgrade every week but right now I have been extremely
> short on time so that I was unable to keep the deadline :) I'll try to
> fix it tonight.

Hi Gunnar,

Just wondering if there was any news on this. I can see that you've been
busy with a lot of other changes so I can understand if this is
something that is at the back of a long list.

Out of curiosity once you've changed things how is best to update an
overlayed portage, is it necessary to run

# layman -S

or will and emerge --sync update the overlay? Sorry haven't had much
experience with Gentoo overlays.

Cheers

--

Charles Dand