Kolab install on Gentoo - error "Couldn't download 'framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'"

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jul 10 11:08:39 CEST 2007

Hi Charles,

Charles Dand <charles.dand at penguinfactory.co.uk> writes:

> Whilst attempting to install the Gentoo native version of Kolab I have
> run into an error whilst emerging kolabd, the error reported is
>
>  >>> Downloading
> 'http://ftp.horde.org/pub/snaps/2007-07-01/framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'
> --10:49:51--
> http://ftp.horde.org/pub/snaps/2007-07-01/framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz
>             => `/usr/portage/distfiles/framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'
> Resolving ftp.horde.org... 200.46.204.201
> Connecting to ftp.horde.org|200.46.204.201|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 10:49:52 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> !!! Couldn't download 'framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'. Aborting.
>
> I checked on the ftp server and right enough the directory
> /pub/snaps/2007-07-01/ doesn't exist, instead there are a number of
> others (which clearly correlate with the date). Just wondering which
> directory I should be looking for instead, is it advisable to use the
> latest?

this is a problem of the way I currently built the horde ebuilds. They
are snapshot based and the snapshots are only available for a week. So
I am forced to upgrade every week but right now I have been extremely
short on time so that I was unable to keep the deadline :) I'll try to
fix it tonight.

> In addition I'm curious as to why the horde framework is being installed
> as I haven't set the horde use flag for kolabd, just spam and webdav
> useflags.

The horde-framework package provides a number of basic libraries that
are used by both the kolab-resource-handlers and the
kolab-webadmin. This will always be installed independent of the
"horde" use flag.

Cheers,

Gunnar