annotations.db again

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 26 22:11:54 CEST 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 10:30, T. Ribbrock wrote:
> One thing I noticed, though, was an oddity of the "save_annotations"
> script that was at one point offered as emergency workaround in issue840.
> This script flagged some corruption, but when I used the "check" command
> in that script manually (basically just "cvt_cyrusdb"), I noticed that
> this command would work without failure if I ran it as root, while it
> would fail if run as kolab-r. Does anybody know why this is? I've checked
> all permissions on the directories in question, so that should not be it.
>
> Cheerio,
>
> Thomas
>
> P.S.: Yes, I did just notice that save-annotations.sh is deprecated and I
> will replace it with skiplistsafe.sh a.s.a.p. - but I'm still curious.

We noticed a long while ago that using cvt_cyrusdb is not
a very reliable test, thus we have implemented validate-skiplist .

We recommend to use skiplistsafe.sh on both mailboxes.db and annotations.db.
Another option is to migration to berkley db for those databases.
See http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_IMAPD_annotations.db_Problems
and https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue840 .

Bernhard