Configure postfix with kolab-suse

Markus Thüer zzz at kapuziner.org
Sat Sep 23 13:52:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

I installed Kolab on a suse 10.1 system. It works fine, but the installation
of postfix_kolab has overwritten my postfix settings. And it is now not
longer possible to change these with yast, for yast does not recognize
postfix_kolab as postfix.

Kolab is used only for sharing calendar and contacts and doesn’t handle the
e-mail. But the server should send its root-mail to my e-mail account. I set
the alias for root to my e-mail address. I changed the relay host in postfix
main.cf  to smtp.myorganisation.org. And I added my account to sasl_passwd
in etc/postfix

In main.cf I found this entry:

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable   Is that the same as:  smtp.sasl_auth_enable?

Or what else do I have to change to get it running?

Markus