Kolab, exim and multiple accounts per user

Giovanni Baroni baroni at datacomm.ch
Thu Oct 19 13:58:31 CEST 2006

Hello Patrick

1. Yes you can setup as many accounts as you wish. But maybe you run in
trouble to sync all with outlook and toltec/konsec plugin.

I doesnt see any advantage to doing more accounts than just 1 per user.
Better you're doing aliases.
On almost any client i know you can handle more identities than just one.
You can redirect different ID's in subfolders by the server (sieve) or
in the client.

2. i wouldnt suggest you to integrate exim.
Theres no advantage doing this. Postfix is well integrated.
Maybe you're able to integrate exim, but on every update you'll dealing
with your hack's.

I suggest you to de-install exim and use nullmailer for local
maildelivery and of course the builtin postfix in kolab.

Regards,
Giovanni Baroni

activmedia gmbh
im fahr 7