Annoying "Conflict" dialogs in Kontact

T. Ribbrock itsef-admin at itsef.com
Thu Oct 19 11:49:22 CEST 2006

Hi all,

several of our users (all using the proko2 client, SVN 591884 - but we've
seen it with older versions as well) encounter the following problem:

Every now and then, they will get a "Conflict" dialog for one or more
appointment(s), stating that the appointment has been changed both on the
server and locally. As all of them are logged in only once, this is of
course nonsense - there should be no other process at all accessing those
appointments usually, those appointments haven't been changed at all.

What's even worse: In most cases, it is almost impossible to get rid of
this dialog - no matter which option is chosen ("Use local", "Use new",
etc.), the warning comes back each and every time that Kontact syncs with
the server. The only surefire way to get rid of this is to delete the
appointment and re-create it.

Needless to say, this has caused much annoyance among our users... Hence:
Is there anybody out there who has an idea as to what could be going on
here?

One more piece of the puzzle: We use NFS mounted home directories, but
~/.kde/share/config and ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/dimap are both located on
the local drive using symlinks.

Regards,

Thomas