multiple kolab servers + Fedora Directory Server

Andreas Micklei andreas.micklei at ivistar.de
Wed Oct 18 16:05:37 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006 15:09 schrieb Stéphane Konstantaropoulos:
> Le mercredi 18 oct 2006 13:12, Andreas Micklei a écrit :
> > Am Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006 14:02 schrieb Stéphane Konstantaropoulos:
> > > I have set up 2 testing kolab servers. Using the debian binary rpms on
> > > a Fedora system. Then using the kolab_bootstrap script I have set them
> > > both up using mostly the defaults.
> >
> > Debian RPMs on Fedora?!? Thanks for trying this out. Might be an
> > interesting option to try out during my next major upgrade. Nice to know
> > that this works.
> >
> > regards,
> > Andreas Micklei
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Well, the rpms of kolab only depend on the system's libc so no problem
> occured. I did that instead of building because my systems are x86_64 which
> is not supported by openpackage yet.

Exactly my setup. I used the source RPMs and a VMWare Server instance running
32bit Linux to build binary RPMs which I then installed on my x86_64 system
to get kolab 2.0.3 running. I will try to skip the build step when upgrading
to 2.1 eventually. So again, thanks for the info.

regards,
Andreas Micklei

P.s. Of course building for x86_64 as some brave people on this list have
already done might be another option by then.