imap and cachedimap : cpu load

Damien Ulrich dams at domosys.org
Tue Oct 17 13:30:23 CEST 2006

Hi all, again :)

I found Kolab groupware feature not available in kmail,
with 'imap' account type, but only with 'cachedimap' one.
(with kontact->kmail)

I read many archived topics on [Kolab-devel] on the theme
but I suppose out-of-date (2005)...

'cachedimap' mailbox type, makes kmail take many cpu load, when updating cache
on the raid5 partition

Is there a way setting an 'imap' type account with groupware feature,
or folder based configuration for cachedimap (for Notes, Tasks, ... folders)
or should I create multiple accounts : one as cached and the other as imap to
limit folders cache reconstruction ?

Thanks per advance

Dams