Change organizer of event?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Mon Oct 16 09:05:26 CEST 2006

On Friday 13 October 2006 19:40, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 11:08, ITSEF Admin wrote:
> > Hence: Is there any way to change the organizer of an event?
>
> I think if you are the organizer, you can change this with Kontact. :)

Well, it's not *that* easy - as I said, there is *no* organizer defined in
those appointments - hence, Kontact does not give me any choices when I edit
any of them.

In fact, as I discovered by now, the problem lies deeper: *Any* appointment
*created* on the Palm PDA and subsequently synced to Kontact will result in
an appointment where the organizer is undefined - with all the described
problems. This is rather annoying for users who use their PDA frequently.
I've created an issue for this: https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1450

> > If there isn't anything "built-in", would editing the raw messages e.g. on
> > the server help?
>
> Yes you can edit the email and the Kolab-Format.

Grand, I'll go down that route, then. So far, my (limited) experiments
indicated the following:

- If I edit the (appointment) mail on the server but not in the DIMAP cache,
  the change will not show up in Kontact.
- If I edit the mail in the DIMAP cache, the change will show up in Kontact,
  but I have yet to see when/how they propagate to the server...

The surefire way to make the necessary changes seems to be:
- Close Kontact
- Remove the Calendar folder from the DIMAP cache
- Change what needs to be changed on the server
- Restart Kontact

Any comments/additions on that?

Thanks,

Thomas