Missing "include" directory after new installation

Richard Bos richard at radoeka.nl
Fri Nov 24 20:25:31 CET 2006

Hello Alan,

Op vrijdag 24 november 2006 01:29, schreef Alan Kirk:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just finished installing the latest version of Kolab on a brand
> spanking new install of openSuse 10.1.

how did you install kolab.  Did you use a package manager?
Did you follow the instructions at: http://en.opensuse.org/Kolab ?

> After a few small problems with missing postfix config files and apache
> module that wasn't loaded i've got all the servers up and running.

postfix config file missing??  Those are all provided by the rpm kolab as
template files.  They become available after running 'kolabconf'

> I just tried going to the web admin url and was greeted with a blank screen
> in my browser. I wondered if it was an Apache or PHP error, but after
> seeing the phpinfo() page i realised that the problem was within Kolab.
>
> I checked out the source of index.php in /srv/www/htdocs/kolab/admin/ and
> noticed that the first 5 lines are require_once lines looking for the
> following php files:
>
> kolab/admin/include/mysmarty.php
> kolab/admin/include/headers.php
> kolab/admin/include/locale.php
> kolab/admin/include/authenticate.php
> kolab/admin/include/menu.php
>
> I don't seem to have an include folder, i've even tried re-installing it
> all, but no luck the folder is still missing. Even after look on google i'm
> no closer to solving this.

You don't have the rpm kolab-webadmin installed.
I wonder how you installed the rpms, did you neglect the dependencies?
# rpm -q --requires kolab | sort | grep ^kolab
kolab-resource-handlers
kolab-webadmin

> I'm hoping that someone else has had a similar problem and knows how to
> resolve it.

See webpage mentioned above.

--
Richard Bos