Procmail usage?

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sat Nov 25 20:28:40 CET 2006

Hi Thomas,

I have been looking a little closer at this and I think I understand a little
more, but I still have one question:

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 08:40, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> For reinjecting the mail into Kolab without creating mail loops, you
> need some tricks, e.g. a line in transport.template:
>
> user1+something at example.com          kolabmailboxfilter:
>
> and forwarding the mail to user1+something at example.com in the
> procmail rules.

So what you mean by the above is that if my local user is
<alan at murrell-van.local>, in my procmail rules I would re-inject the mail
back into Kolab by forwarding the email to
<alan+something at murrell-van.local>, where the "+something" is some string I
add to the email address that is not an alias to the main address of
<alan at murrell-van.local>

My question: how does Kolab know to put the email for
<alan+something at murrell-van.local> into the email box for
<alan at murrell-van.local>?

TIA.

-Alan Murrell