Problems with install on kubuntu 6.10`

Gallagher, Tim F (NE) Tim.Gallagher at gd-ais.com
Wed Nov 15 18:44:15 CET 2006

I have a new VMware install of Kubuntu 6.10 and I have followed the
instructions http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Ubuntu_6.06

When I try and install the software I get this error:

root at llagtf:/home/jack/kolabtemp# ./obmtool kolab
---- boot/build miys02-gallagtf %kolab ----
obmtool:NOTICE: did not find openpkg/rpm executable. Checking/fetching
binary sh.
obmtool:NOTICE: did not find binary sh. Checking/fetching source sh.
OpenPKG 2.4-SOLID Source Bootstrap Package, version 2.4.3
Building for prefix /kolab on current platform
++ extracting OpenPKG source distribution
openpkg-2.4.3-2.4.3.src.sh:ERROR: failed to unpack into directory
"openpkg-2.4.3-2.4.3.src"
/tmp/obmtool.8866.tmp: 858: cannot open
/kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.4.3-2.4.3.*-*-*.sh: No such file
obmtool:ERROR: bootstrapping failed
root at llagtf:/home/jack/kolabtemp#

Not sure what to do here, any help would be welcomed.
Thank you,

TG