Kolab's Apache

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Mar 21 22:54:06 CET 2006

* Edmonds Peter <zibiced at yahoo.com> [20060321 15:09]:
> What could be wrong with my installation?
> While finishing to install all packages, this is what it brings

The messages look ok, but you're not running the latest Kolab server
release 2.0.3.

> It takes me back to the prompt where when I type /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b , I get this
>
> Do you want to create CA and certificates [y] (y/n): n
> Skipping certificate creation. Please copy your certificate to
> /kolab/etc/kolab/cert.pem and private key to
> /kolab/etc/kolab/key.pem when the bootstrap script is finished.

Here you told the bootstrap script that you don't want to generate
an SSL certificate.

> kolab is now ready to run!
> please run '/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start'
> Use login=manager and passwd=***** when you log into
> the webinterface https://195.154.34.70/lsmains/admin

Hmm, where does this 'lsmains' come from? But this is a different issue.

> everything proceeds on well but issues arise when its time to start the services with /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start
>
> OpenPKG: start: openpkg, openldap, sasl, spamassassin, amavisd, apache:FAILED
> openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:apache:%start: failed with return code 1
> openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
> | Syntax error on line 37 of /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf:
> | SSLCertificateFile: file '/kolab/etc/kolab/cert.pem' not exists or empty

And here the SSL certificate from above is missing.

You can create a certificate with running bootstrap again (you'll
lose all previous configuration), or by running
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_sslcert.sh

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/