Exclude folders from sync?

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Mar 15 12:58:29 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 15. März 2006 12:34 schrieb T. Ribbrock:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:55:51AM +0100, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > the usual recommendation is to use subscription in the DIMAP account in
> > Kontact. You can add a second account (of online IMAP type) to access
> > all folders on the same server if needed. I.e. you can access the
> > archive folders which you're not subscribed to using online IMAP. You
> > subscribe to the folders which hold data being needed offline. In the
> > account configuration for your disconnected IMAP account there you
> > choose to access only folders you're subscribed to.
>
> Hm, I can't seem to get this to work. I just created an ordinary IMAP
> account for the same user account (i.e. same server and all as the Kolab
> DIMAP account), but if I unsubscribe any folder in the Kolab account, it
> gets unsubscribed for the IMAP account as well - is there a trick I
> missed?

That's intended behavior. The trick is to show only subscribed folders in
your DIMAP account. Only those are sync'ed to your local machine. In the
online IMAP account, there you show _all_ folders (not only the subscribed
ones) and can access them remote as you need to access an "archived"
message.
BTW if you have to top level folder for your IMAP account closed, KMail
won't try to access the server for the online IMAP account. It's quite
handy when working offline.

Regards,
Andreas