Stupid(?) questions wrt Toltec

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Mar 1 12:08:13 CET 2006

* Henk van Lingen <henkvl at cs.uu.nl> [20060301 10:04]:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:52:39AM +0100, T. Ribbrock wrote:
>   >
>   > Thanks, so that's clear. Rests the issue whether the plugin is supposed to
>   > deal with incoming meeting requests the same way as kmail (i.e. present a
>   > 'mail' with "Accept"/"Deny").
>
>   And the pop3 issue (also see my "imap INBOX' question). I haven't used
>   pop for years now that we have imap, and I'm not enthousiastic about
>   the idea of going back to the situation where a delete on the (Outlook)
>   client isn't a delete on the mailserver and vice-versa. Am I missing
>   something?

Outlook needs to fetch the mails via POP3, because in this case it
executes some important code which it simply doesn't when fetching
mails via IMAP. I don't remember the details, but I think this is
related to parsing invitations.

As soon as the mails are under Outlook's control, Toltec pushes them
to the server via IMAP and from now on you can act on the mails in
every way that IMAP supports.

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/