Bootstrap error

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Tue Jan 24 22:51:32 CET 2006

El Martes, 24 de Enero de 2006 22:08, Denis Croombs escribió:
> >> I have installed Kolab2 on my Centos 4 server, but am getting this
> >> error when I try and do the bootstrap:-
> >>
> >> "no host: localhost at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 74,
> >> <DATA> line 225"
> >
> >You need an entry for localhost in /etc/hosts or at least a nameserver
>
> resolving localhost to 127.0.0.1 for you.
>
> >Thomas
>
> Thanks, I have changed the /etc/hosts to:-
>
> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> # that require network functionality will fail.
> 127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.localdomain localhost
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  outlook outlook.xxxxxx.org     outlook
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  outlook2 outlook2.xxxxxx.org   outlook2
>
> When I do the bootstrap & do a kolab start I get:-
>
> OpenPKG: start: openpkg, openldap, sasl, spamassassin, amavisd,
> apache:FAILED
> openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:apache:%start: failed with return code 1
> openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
>
> | [Tue Jan 24 21:00:55 2006] [alert] apache: Could not determine the
>
> server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
> OpenPKG: start: clamav, dcron, imapd, postfix, proftpd, kolabd.
>
> mynetworkinterfaces: 127.0.0.0/8
>
> I assume I still do not have the /etc/hosts correct ?

Try adding your host name in /etc/hosts in the 127.0.0.1 line. I remember that
I did it to solve the same problem.

For example, if your host name (/etc/hostname in Debian) is "mail" add the
following in /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1       localhost localhost.localdomain localhost  mail

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...