Problems with Kolabwizard and Kontact/KOrganizer

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jan 10 19:26:45 CET 2006

Hi Jose,

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 10:42 schrieb Jose Figueras:
> I'm trying to install Kontact following latest kolab client documentation
> instructions [1]. But, in my case, this document includes wrong (or old)
> information.

the build instructions might be a bit short and outdated in places,
note that it is for the "proko2" branch of KDE, which you can build on
top of KDE 3.2 3.3 and 3.4.

> My environment:
>
>    Kolab 2.1 latest dev-snapshot

You mean the Kolab Server as opposed to the Kolab Client (KDE Kontact).

>    KUbuntu Breezy
>    KDE 3.4.3
>    Kontact 1.1.2
>    KMail 1.8.3
>    KOrganizer 3.4.2

Did you build the proko2 branch or did you use the other versions?

> The problems (so far):
>
>  1. after run 'kolabwizard', Resources Configuration (from KDE Control
> Center) doesn't includes 'kolab' resource. Then I select 'IMAP resource
> from KMail'* for Contacts, Notes and Calendar resources

Yes, the resource might have had a different name,
but the wizard should configure the right one in any case.
You might want to try the manual configuration way without the wizard.

>  2. I open Kontact's calendar section. Doesn't appears kolab resources
> (perhaps it's a logical result from problem #1).
>
>  3. If I add 'IMAP Calendar from KMail'* on Kontact, appears the 3 kolab
> resources. Then I can use kolab calendar, but these resources dissapears on
> next execution of Kontact or KOrganizer

They should not dissappear, so this looks like a bug in your version.
You might want to check the configuration files within .kde
after added, closing kontact and restarting and closing again.
Make sure you do not run multiple instances of KMail, KOrganizer
and so on. Best is: only run Kontact when trying to use it as Kolab client.