Problems with Kolabwizard and Kontact/KOrganizer

Jose Figueras jose.figueras at speriaitc.com
Mon Jan 9 10:42:19 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install Kontact following latest kolab client documentation
instructions [1]. But, in my case, this document includes wrong (or old)
information.

My environment:

   Kolab 2.1 latest dev-snapshot
   KUbuntu Breezy
   KDE 3.4.3
   Kontact 1.1.2
   KMail 1.8.3
   KOrganizer 3.4.2

The problems (so far):

 1. after run 'kolabwizard', Resources Configuration (from KDE Control Center)
doesn't includes 'kolab' resource. Then I select 'IMAP resource from KMail'*
for Contacts, Notes and Calendar resources

 2. I open Kontact's calendar section. Doesn't appears kolab resources
(perhaps it's a logical result from problem #1).

 3. If I add 'IMAP Calendar from KMail'* on Kontact, appears the 3 kolab
resources. Then I can use kolab calendar, but these resources dissapears on
next execution of Kontact or KOrganizer

¿Can you point me some tips or hints to resolve these problems?

Thanks,
Jose Figueras

* text translated from me, probably mismatch from original form

[1] http://www.kolab.org/doc/doc2-1.65.pdf