Name for Groups in LDAP

Rene Marticke install at marticke.net
Mon Jan 9 08:02:52 CET 2006

>> If i send a mail to a kolab-group there is no name displayed. In Outlook
>> the TO: contens only a "_". The mail is recieved by the members of the
>> group but in my Outlook -> Send Folder i can't see the group, only the "_".
>>

> I need more information about this.
> E.g. what version of Outlook, what kind of distribution list or group account.

I currently use Outlook 2003 with toltec ldap Adressbook.
A normal user is correctly shown.
But if i select a group (Added with kolab admin interface as
Distribution List) there is no DisplayName (look picture group.jpg)
And so if i send a mail to the group there is only a "_" in the to field
insteed of a group name.
>> Would the Name be displayed if i changed the entry in LDAP. What did i
>> have to add there ? "sn = groupname" ?
>>

> You could experiment and try to find out.

How can i login with write access to the ldap from a workstation. The
server is only in textmode.

Best Regars
Rene Marticke