Stupid(?) questions wrt Toltec

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Tue Feb 28 16:11:35 CET 2006

Hi all,

after spending about an hour trying to understand the various Toltec
connector related documents available[0], we're still left with some major
questions - some of which may sound stupid, but I still hope some kind
soul will enlighten me...

- First of all: We have the IMAP access via the connector working - BUT:
  Is the Toltec connector supposed to deal with incoming meeting request
  like kmail does (i.e. you get this nice "Accept"/"Deny" on your screen)?
  'cause in our case (Win00/OL2000), it doesn't. All meeting requests I
  send from kmail are displayed as plain text (i.e. the full mail with
  headers and all) in Outlook. None of the docs clearly states whether
  the connector is supposed to deal with this or not, so I'm really not
  sure.
  On the Outlook side, mails are downloaded via POP3 (doc3 states
  something to the extent that Outlook can't deal with the mails unless
  downloaded via POP3 - did I misunderstand something?).

  Funny enough, I we move such a mail manually to the "Calendar" folder,
  it suddenly becomes an appointment - however, without the option to
  "Accept"/"Deny". Also, if answers to meeting requests are treated like
  that, they end up becoming new events instead of being treates as an
  answer.

- doc3 1.33 in section 2.a.2 talks about choosing POP3 for "server type",
  whereas the corresponing screenshot shows an IMAP configuration. The
  latter is not available in our Outlook - is this just due to the fact
  that we have OL2000 and not OL2003 like in doc3?

- The Toltec documentation explicitly states that Outlook needs to work in
  "Groupware" mode, but no such statement is made in doc3 - again OL00 vs.
  OL03?

We haven't tried free/busy yet - that's the next step...

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

[0] doc3, tokhowto-1.0.pdf and http://www.pokorra.de/kolab/