user settings: forward.php etc is stuck

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Fri Feb 3 18:29:11 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. Februar 2006 12:29 schrieb Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> * Markus Heller <markus at relix.de> [20060203 03:00]:
> > I have a problem with the forwarding configuration of the web gui where a
> > user may log into his own preferences account:
> >
> > admin/user/user.php?action=modify is still ok, responsive
> > admin/user/forward.php is stuck, won't reply
> > /admin/user/deliver.php is stuck, won't reply
> > /admin/user/vacation.php is stuck, won't reply
> >
> > and once I click on one of those links which are stuck, the first,
> > initially responsive link won't work anymore either.
>
> The PHP code does sieve connections (tcp port 2000) to the server
> responsible for the user. If you have master/slave setup, make sure
> the servers could reach each other.
I have a single system setup. I don't follow you why we need Sieve here. All
the user wants to do is to configure a forwarding (in this case).

> If you only have a single Kolab server, you probably have a DNS
> problem, check if the Kolab server can reach itself under its
> configured name. An entry in /etc/hosts might help here, too.
There is no dns problem at all. The hostname itself (without domain) resolves
to 127.0.0.1. I disabled the firewall and there is no change, so it is not
related to any kind of security issue.

Is there any chance for further diagnosis? I don't want guess my way through
the fog, but I'd like to investigate what's wrong.

Thanks alot!
Markus