Free email archiving/monitoring

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 25 11:18:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 24. August 2006 14:18 schrieb Carsten Burghardt:
> this might be interesting for every kolab installation in a company: our
> Enterprise Email Monitoring solution goes freeware.

> So go to www.inovox.de and get your copy of EEM.

I have checked the announcement and it seems to be
non-free (=non open source) software and some gratis licenses handed out.

> The easiest
> way is the email monitoring which stores a copy of all incoming and
> outgoing emails in an archive server.

One study lists over 50 email archiving solutions on the market,
many are able to use standard interfaces like SMTP.
I expect Kolab Server to be compatible with most of them.
In addition it is possible to construct Free Software solutions as well.

Best Regards,
Bernhard Reiter
--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)