kolab on fedora core 5 (AMD-64bits)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 22 10:46:38 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 4. Juli 2006 21:50 schrieb Daniel Coletti:
> Thanks Franz for the heads up.
> I read your previous post regarding this issue and I'm about to start
> compiling kolab with these flags.

Franz, Daniel,
thanks for helping to get OpenPKG and Kolab Server running on 64 Bit.
Can you make sure that your findings reach the wiki and kolab-devel@?
We are interested in the results.

> What I make out of your post is that there are two packages that need
> different flags:
> - gcc (with --disable-multilib)
> - openldap (with --with-threads)
> - db4 (with --with-threads)
>
> Now, where do you added this options? Did you unpacked the .src.rpm
> files, modify the .specs file and the repacked it? In order to run
> obmtool? Or is there an easier way to do this?

Unless the build options have been prepared.
(Check with something like
/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -qpi db-4.3.29.0-2.5.0.src.rpm  | grep with_ )
I think that you will need to change the .spec files.
See http://www.openpkg.org/documentation/quickref/openpkg-usr.php
for the commands.
This seems to be the case for the above options.

The OpenPKG people will also be interested in your finding, btw.

Best,
Bernhard