Howto install Razor2 plugin for SpamAssassin?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 13 12:33:11 CEST 2006

radoeka <radoeka at xs4all.nl> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:58:22AM +0200, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> radoeka <radoeka at xs4all.nl> writes:

>> > Hi Gunnar,
>> >
>> > would it be possible to add this to the templates directory of kolab?
>> > (Would it make sense, etc to do so)?
>>
>> Hm, no I don't think so. To disallow the external checks is a
>> reasonable default setting for the kolab server. Only if this would be
>> a configurable setting within the kolab webadmin frontend it would be
>> useful to have the corresponding spamassassin templates in the
>> kolab/templates dir.
>>
>> In Gentoo I can move such optional features into use flags so that the
>> user can activate the optional features during compile time.
>
> Are 'use flags' gentoo (build) specific or is it an extension to your
> kolab?

'use flags' are a standard Gentoo feature. Since we don't use
pre-compiled packages (rpm's or the like) but rather compile each time
when installing or upgrading a package this allows for some additional
flexibility concerning the configuration. As an example: If I need
LDAP support for the cyrus server, then I'll turn on the "ldap" use
flag and the necessary libraries will get compiled in. A binary distro
will have to preselect the most common package features or provide
alternative rpms.

For Kolab/Gentoo I currently only have the "spam" flag for extended
spam checking and a "horde" flag that prepares kolab and the webadmin
frontend for a horde installation. But I plan on including more.

> Anyway, I think that the template for e.g. razor could be part of the
> templates directory.  It would mean that the real config file will be
> created.  It does not mean that e.g. razor must be installed.  In case
> a distro (openpkg e.g.) does not use it, the TARGET could be /dev/null ;)

I tend to disagree since there would be a number of nice extensions
you could put into the templates directory (mailing list manager
configuration, extended apache configuration etc.). But this will lead
to some confusion if not all of the templates are actually necessary.

Why not providing additional packages that could get installed as an
add-on and would place their necessary configuration files into the
etc/kolab/templates dir?

Regards,

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wrobel                    Gentoo Developer

Mail: wrobel at gentoo.org
WWW:  http://www.gunnarwrobel.de
IRC:  #gentoo-web at freenode.org