Basic Questions Kolab 1+2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Apr 12 14:42:52 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 11. April 2006 16:26 schrieb eric poscher:
> In Synckolab there is a choice of Format between Kolab1(vcf) and
> Kolab2(xml). What exactly do the numbers represent or correspond to?

Within Kolab, the objects (contacts, appointments, emails) will be saved
on the imap server within emails.

Kolab1 and Kolab2 have different storage formats for this.
Recommended is Kolab2 Storage format as this is compatible
with more clients and better definied.

> Andreas once mentioned that there exists a perl script which has the
> ability to synchronise between the above described Methods 1 + 2.
> Any hints as to how reliably this can be done and where to get, howto
> install it?

I do not know about the script, but given the nature of the two formats
I strongly recommend to not use in production.
It will be useful for migrations, I guess.

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.