Basic Questions Kolab 1+2

eric poscher ep at pvl.at
Tue Apr 11 16:26:13 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Sorry for asking such a basic question, but this has been unclear to me
during the last weeks, since I have been experimenting with kolab. If i
got that correctly there is two different Kolabs:

Method1: several clients share an imap folder where they store contact
&addressbook info, as does thunderbird with synckolab.

Method2: several clients like KDEKontact, Outlook&Toltec or Horde Turba
share addressbooks & calenders stored somewhere in LDAP-land.

As far as I understood things, the both Methods 1+2 are not linked to
each other and thus it's not possible to share a common addressbase
together between clients(1) and clients(2)

In Synckolab there is a choice of Format between Kolab1(vcf) and
Kolab2(xml). What exactly do the numbers represent or correspond to?

Andreas once mentioned that there exists a perl script which has the
ability to synchronise between the above described Methods 1 + 2.
Any hints as to how reliably this can be done and where to get, howto
install it?

best regards, mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Eric Poscher

--
:: [PUBLIC VOICE|Lab] International Media Co-op :: http://pvl.at/ ::
:: Geschäftsstelle Bregenzerwald  ::  Hof 4, A-6861 Alberschwende ::