kolabd package available in Debian sid

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 7 13:06:33 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 7. April 2006 04:02 schrieb Thiago Cordeiro:
> Uau! this sounds good... openpkg is ugly!..   bleh...
> Debian rulez..  :-D

Without OpenPKG there probably would not be a stable Kolab Server today.
Using OpenPKG on Debian currently is technically cleaner and gives
you a version you can better buy real maintenance and support for.
Most arguments I have heard against OpenPKG are based on sentiments,
not technical discussion.

Yes, it would be nice to have more ports, including a Debian one
and we are encouraging them, but this is a lot of work for the developers.

> Why Debian uses version 1.9.4 if existis a 2.0.3 stable version? Are those
> the same software?!

Kolabd is one component of a Kolab Server
and 1.9.4-20060111 is the version coming
with in the Kolab Server 2.0.3 release.

> When Kolab team will release a working 2.1 beta version?!
>
> "Upcoming Server release 2.1beta1
>    Expected: February 2006"
>
> But... today is 06/04/2006! and kolab server released on
>
> 03-Feb-2006 17:39 simple doesn't work.

I have updated the roadmap.
Note that 2.1-beta1 release happend on the 3rd of February
and works stable in production in many places.

> I have been tried on slackware, debian sarge/sid...
> from binaryes, from sources... compiling on each distro...
> All give me the same error... but now I don't remember...
> It's related to LDAP...

I frequently do this on Debian GNU/Linux ppc and iax86
without problems. Please state your precise steps that you did here
and the error message you get, so there is a chance to help you.

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.