Problem with Toltec Connector and calendar folder

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Apr 6 14:47:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have had two reports of this behavior. To date we have found no
explanation for it

To help with this problem I will explain how we manage folder names with the
Toltec Connector.

The connector does not have a name mapping of any folder. It will create
folder on the IMAP4 server with the name that is in Outlook. So if it is
"Kalender" in Outlook it will be uploaded as "Kalender". We do not do any
name translation.

When a folder is found on the IMAP server it will first look if it is a
"default" and then map it to the default folder Outlook without changing the
name of the folder. Only if it is not a default folder will it take the name
on the server and create a folder in Outlook.

Could you please provide me with the annotation of the "Kalender" folder as
it is on the server where the duplication occurs.

What I think is happening is that another client is creating default folders
for caldera when it detect that one is not present. Toltec will on create a
folder named "Calendar" from a English language Outlook. So if no English
language Outlook are present in the environment you may need to look at
other clients.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC