Problem with Toltec Connector and calendar folder

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Thu Apr 6 09:11:29 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 21:12 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op woensdag 5 april 2006 17:56, schreef Andreas Gungl:
> > My question is, has anybody seen this as well? Does anybody know how to
> > get rid of the "duplicate" folder w/o the need to sync the complete
> > content of the account into a new PST file? What can I do to help to
> > track down the cause of this effect?
>
> You might want to check the kolab-devel list, as there is a (short)
> discussion going about something similar.  It has the subject: Translated
> folder names

If people like Gunnar would use a "normal" format in their messages, one
could even read the archives... :-(
Anyway, the discussion there doesn't take me any further.

> and check out:
> Have a look at the issue's:
> https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue406
> https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue771
> https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue838

https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue406 comes closest to my problem.
However I've just checked some details and while the issue tends to blame
Kontact I actually think that the Connector has a problem in my case. Here
is why:

Kontact shows exactly whats defined on the server. And I actually never had
problems with Kontact. I'm using LANG=C on my Linux system running Kontact
and the folder is named Calendar in Kontact and on the server. The
annotation is pretty fine, the calendar folder is my default calendar:

localhost> info INBOX/Calendar
{INBOX/Calendar}:
  lastupdate:  4-Apr-2006 13:31:41 +0200
  partition: default
  size: 718776
  folder-test: true
  folder-type: event.default
  h-share-uid: gungl at osp-dd.de
localhost>

Now let's have a look at the OL + Connector side. If I start with a new
account and a new PST sync'ed with the server, I end up with a folder
"Calendar" in my German OL + German Connector 2.0.x.
I can usually use this calendar folder for quite some time w/o problems,
i.e. the events show up correctly and so on. Everything is fine for me up
to here.

At "a certain point in time" OL decides to come up with an additional folder
named Kalendar. However, there is no such folder on the server.
I'd be fine with having Kalender in OL if it insists on translating the
folder name as stated in some on the mentioned issues. However I can't
stand having _two_ folder objects in the view for _one_ folder on the
server while it's unpredictable for me to know if the contents in the view
is correct in any of the folder views (Calendar and Kalender).

localhost> lm INBOX/*
INBOX/CLS (\HasChildren)
INBOX/CLS/... [snipped]
INBOX/Calendar (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Contacts (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Gel&APY-schte Objekte (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Hold (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Journal (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/KDE (\HasChildren)
INBOX/KDE/... [snipped]
INBOX/KalenderTest (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Log-Mails (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/NOA (\HasChildren)
INBOX/NOA/... [snipped]
INBOX/Notes (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Tasks (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Trash (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/Weitere_Projekte (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/drafts (\HasNoChildren)
INBOX/sent-mail (\HasNoChildren)
localhost>

[Note that "KalenderTest" doesn't have an event annotation. I use it to copy
messages to there as kind of quick backup before doing some "dangerous"
sync'ing to my Calendar folder and for using SyncKolab with T/Bird.]

So after all it's not about checking some reports, but about a completely
new problem which I'd like to have confirmed by somebody else before I file
an issue against the Connector.
BTW, one might even wonder why I don't get duplicates for Contacts
(Kontakte) or Tasks (Aufgaben). It somehow only happens to Calendar for me.
I attach a small picture showing the folders in OL.

Regards,
Andreas