Strange problems with proko2 kde client

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Wed Apr 5 16:25:14 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 04:13:43PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 11:00 schrieb T. Ribbrock:
> > one of our users encountered an odd problem with the proko2.0.6 client
> > today:
> >
> > He synchronised his Palm M505 with kontact,
>
> Note that kpilot in Proko2.0.6 is still "beta".
> It has know bugs, search for "kpilot" in the tracker.

Actually, I do that frequently... ;-)

> One of the bugs are that if mail sync and kpilot sync hit each other.
> When the Kontact index files are corrupted, a lot of interesting bugs can
> happen.

Right. I had a sneaking suspicion that this could play a part in it. That
could also explain why I have not seen those problems yet (my Tungsten E2
is a lot faster than his M505, also with syncs - less probability of a
"hit", I presume).

> > Second part of the problem: As I mentioned above, I was looking at the
> > "Calendar" folder to see whether the events were still present in there.
> > When I did so, I found a large quantity (must have been some 3000) of
> > *empty* messages in there - no subject, no from, no body. I deleted those,
> > but I'm still wondering what could have caused them to appear.
>
> Usually crashes or unclean shutdowns that corrupt the index files.

Is that really just a corrupted index file? I'm asking because I could see
the actual corresponding files in his
~/.kde/apps/kmail/dimap/.../Calendar... folder.

> The upcoming proko2 client version will improve both situations.

Sounds excellent - I'm looking out for that one. :-)

Cheerio,

Thomas