[UNSHARED] Folders appearing in Outlook with Toltec Connector

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Tue Sep 13 19:24:37 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 18:10, Michael Harlaut wrote:

> It appears while renaming or deleting a shared folder (using ACL, not
> the other shared folders).
>
> It seems the server error message is the following :
>
>  Sep 12 08:43:59 debian <debug> imap[26684]: executed
>  Sep 12 08:43:59 debian <error> imap[26684]: DBERROR: skiplist
>  recovery /kolab/var/imapd/annotations.db: 1BFA4 should be ADD or DELETE
>  Sep 12 08:43:59 debian <error> imap[26684]: DBERROR:
>  opening /kolab/var/imapd/annotations.db: cyrusdb error
>  Sep 12 08:43:59 debian <error> imap[26684]: Fatal error: can't read
>  annotations file

If you get this error, your IMAP annotations database is broken. The
annotations are being used by the client (Toltec, Kontact) to store the
folder type (email, contact, calendar etc.). It is not 100% certain what
causes the annotations.db to break, but most likely the problem is caused by
memory errors (see https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/msg5415 and
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-devel&msg=1009
for details). There is no error message returned to the client in that case,
but most likely, the annotations set by the clients are simply lost.

I cannot verify this at the moment but I suppose this causes serious
irritations to Toltec which results in the strange renaming. Maybe Joon
Radley can explain what is going on there and maybe add some code in Toltec
which prevents problems on broken servers in the future?!

Regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--
LocaNet oHG - http://www.loca.net