personal opinion.....

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 30 12:36:18 CET 2005

Op zondag 30 oktober 2005 11:45, schreef Martin Konold:
> Last but not least the Kolab data fits perfectly on uptodate USB sticks...

I'm not sure about that, if one uses dimap all emails are stored on the USB
stick.  One will run out of file space on the USB stick quickly in case
emails are stored including attachments...
This could be improved by storing the special groupware folders (contacts,
agenda, notes, etc) with dimap only.  The emails could be retrieved using
imap.

Actually I use kolab with kontact in a thinclient solution and that works
nice.  However, in this setup the /home directory is nfs mounted on the
server.  This would of course also be possible with if the thin client is
started from a USB stick.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless