personal opinion.....

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Oct 30 02:23:31 CET 2005

> By "offline capability" I meant synchronizing your IMAP account
> with the Kolab
> server (which automatically sync's your calendar and addressbook
> due to the
> IMAP storage).
> Now you can pull the cable and go or travel with your notebook
> where you like
> to be. You can write new messages and queue them (sending does of
> course not
> work in that moment), you can move, copy or delete messages. Back
> to the
> place where your cable (or WLAN) is, you plug the cable and
> synchronize your
> account again. New messages are transfered to your notebook while
> the changes
> you've made are transfered to the server.
>
> To give a nearly objective view: There are bug reports about
> problems in
> Kontact/KMail, but I've been using it for more than two years in
> connection
> with a Kolab server and I've never lost messages. I even use it
> from two
> machines. I only care to not sync' them in the very same moment,
> but that
> doesn't make sense in a normal workflow anyway.
>
> An alternative solution is Outlook plus a plugin (from Toltec or
> Konsec).
> We're using the Toltec connector in our company too. There's
> nothing to
> complain about it.

Okay, so email is queued in the Outbox. You can mark items for
deletion, move them, etc. When you reconnect, everything is synced...

I was thinking that this applied to changes in Contacts and Calendar
items. Does it?

Joe Auty
NetMusician: helping musicians exploit new communication mediums
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org