personal opinion.....

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Fri Oct 28 22:31:13 CEST 2005

On Oct 28, 2005, at 3:18 PM, Martin Konold wrote:

> Am Freitag, 28. Oktober 2005 21:36 schrieb Joe Auty:
>
> Hi Joe,
>

>>> How do you want to keep the coherent management infrastructure
>>> (kolabd) with
>>> e.g. a SUSE Apache?
>>>
>>> The problem is that SUSE admins expect that YaST handles the
>>> Apache, imapd,...
>>> configuration not kolab....
>>>

>> Well, are there technical issues with mixing and matching user
>> installed parts with Kolab (i.e. Kolab requiring specific versions),
>>

> Yes, Kolab requires enhanced versions (some patches and versions
> are required)

Would it be possible for Kolab to use the stock source code for these
services, or to work with these project communities to incorporate
the Kolab source code enhancements somehow?

> BTW I still fail to understand why using the server componentes
> e.g. from RH
> etc. is considered a big advantage. What is the big problem in
> installing/upgrading/maintaining an OpenPKG rpm compared to a RH or
> SUSE rpm?

My problem is not with the format as much as it is conflicting with
my existing services I count on.

Joe Auty
NetMusician: helping musicians exploit new communication mediums
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org