Toltec Connector: wrong synchronization of deleted folders?

Uwe Gresshake U.Gresshake at dmmd.de
Mon Oct 17 14:54:22 CEST 2005

Tomasz,

probably my description was not clear enough. We did not use 2 clients
with the same credentials at the same time. We used one client after the
other.

First I accessed kolab with outlook/toltec client 1 and deleted the
folder in outlook.
Then I did a sync with client 1 and kolab.
After the sync the folder was also deleted on the server, syncing this
direction was successful.
Then I switched to client 2 and started outlook, client 1 was now offline.
On outlook client 2 the local copy of that folder was still existing
from a previous sync.
I now expected that the local folder on outlook client 2 would also
disappear, when doing a sync with kolab, because the most recent event
was the deletion of the folder on the kolab server. But outlook/toltec
client 2 copied its local folder back to the kolab server. It did not
regognize, that there was a more recent status change on the server.
Deleting mails this way works well but deleting folders seems to cause
problems.

--
d m m d - GmbH & Co. KG
Uwe Greßhake Netzwerk- & Datentechnik