SMTP

Brian Jones bjones at houstoncompanycpa.com
Thu Oct 13 19:22:52 CEST 2005

 Have you tried adding the IP address(and/or local range) to the Privileged Networks section (under Kolab Server Settings)?

Brian

>>  We are currently implementing a new accounting system that uses email for
 >>  user alerts and emails invoices, quotes etc to customers.

 >>  The email setup is basic MSSQL Mail which I can't get to work properly
 >>  consistently, and SMTP.

 >>  The problem with the SMTP is it has no way to authenticate the user
 >>  sending
 >>  the email.  The Kolab server rejects it as a 554  Sender address rejected:
 >>  Invalid sender message.

 >>  Is there anyway to let this one machine send email without authenticating
 >>  the users, something like a trusted IP address?  This is BTW an internal
 >>  machine.

 >>  Thanks for the help.

 >>  --
 >>  Jeffrey Walls
 >>  IT Manager
 >>  Brown Transmission and Bearing Co., Inc.

Brian Jones
IT Department
Houston & Company, PC, CPAs
"Your Bottom Line is Our Top Priority"
Office: (770) 813-1033, ext. 14
Fax: (770) 813-0552
bjones at houstoncompanycpa.com
www.houstoncompanycpa.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.