SMTP

Jeffrey Walls jwalls at browntransmission.com
Thu Oct 13 15:42:14 CEST 2005

We are currently implementing a new accounting system that uses email for
user alerts and emails invoices, quotes etc to customers.

The email setup is basic MSSQL Mail which I can't get to work properly
consistently, and SMTP.

The problem with the SMTP is it has no way to authenticate the user sending
the email.  The Kolab server rejects it as a 554  Sender address rejected:
Invalid sender message.

Is there anyway to let this one machine send email without authenticating
the users, something like a trusted IP address?  This is BTW an internal
machine.

Thanks for the help.

--
Jeffrey Walls