Error parsing free/busy (and a few questions)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Oct 11 15:03:14 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag 11 Oktober 2005 14:35 schrieb Dr. David Alan Gilbert:

Hi,

> > Are you 100% confident that "otheruser at mydomain.com" is a valid uid and
> > that this user has indeed some appointement in her calendar?
>
> Yes,  Also I've found if I quite and restart the kontact client it
> complains of being unable to upload (getting the 404 in the same way).

There is something totally wrong in your setup. With Kolab there is _never_ an
upload of a free/busy list only downloads as the lists are generated on the
server on the fly!

> > >   1) Does the client cache the contact list
> >
> > What do you mean?
>
> If I am away from the network and I want to book a meeting (that will get
> synced next time I connect) can I still get the contact list? Normally
> if I'm on the network I would have got the other contact via LDAP, so
> does the client cache the ldap lookup?

It does so with KDE Kontact but OL does it not. Though on the windows platform
3rd party products may be able to cache the LDAP information.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/