Cancelling appointment works only partly

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Mon Nov 28 08:58:50 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:55:35PM +0100, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 22. November 2005 20:55 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

> > Thanks for filing issue992.
> > Note that most production installations use the proko2 branch of KDE.
> > We have the branch under better control.
> > In my experiences, most GNU/Linux distributors do not quality control the
> > Kolab functionalities when packaging KDE.
>
> KDE 3.5RC1 is much more uptodate compared to the outdated Proko2. Imho we
> should not advertise the deployment of Proko2 for new installations anymore.

I was wondering about that, actually. The biggest problem with the
Proko2 client (which *is* the one advertised on the Kolab site, isn't
it?) is that you cannot easily install it on a workstation. I have yet
to find a way to install it in parallel with the distro's client. For
our workstatations, we have an automated install - integrating the extra
client (which - unless I've missed something) tends to overwrite
RPM-based system files and hence messes up the RPM system) would mean
major hassle. Therefore, I have a strong preference for the client that
is included in and supported by the distro.

Cheerio,

Thomas