My experience with kolab and Ubuntu, and some questions...

David Correia baal-uix at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 2 16:47:56 CET 2005

Hi,
I've installed a Kolab server in a Ubuntu Hoary server. The installation
was a quite difficult, because it couldn't use some pakages, so i've
downloaded the source pakages too and it works after about a hour of
installation. I've 5 questions, sorry if they seems too easy for some
persons but it's my first mail server running kolab.

I've put all the debian pakages in the /kolab/RPM/PKG/ directory,
1) -why obmtool could not use some of then ?
It tells "impossible to find grep.x.X.x.rpm pakage" for example and i'm
sure in the begining of the installation i had this pakages in the
directory, so
2) -why some pakages, like amavisd, grep; imapd,... have disapear?
So i've used the source pakages too.
An other problem.
I've tried to put this server in a company near of mine, when i've
pluged and started the server, "impossible to connect to ldap server"
when i've returned to my office it works an other time.I don't don't how
and why(same network configuration).
3) -Have you an idea, or how can i find the problem to not have this
issue an other time?

On my laptop the kolab server only works in localhost, i've no firewall.
4) How can i solve this problem?

And my last question.
5) Using the obmtool routine, install the antivirus, and antispam, do
this services need any updates ? And how to make it ?

Thank you very much for your answers
David