Kontact in KDE 3.3 vs in 3.4 [auf Viren überprüft]

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Mon May 23 15:33:21 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 23. Mai 2005 14:43 schrieb Hans Moser:
> Hi!
>
> Are there any *main* differences in Kontact between the KDE versions 3.3
> and 3.4 with the Kolab-server?
> The feature plan
> -> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.3-features.html
> -> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.4-features.html
> (including KMail and KOrganizer) doesn't show more than /little/ fixes
> and feature too me.
> What do you think?
>
> We plan to go in production with SuSE 9.2, which is with KDE 3.3 by
> default. There is 3.4 for 9.2, but it's noch that much supported by SuSE
> than 3.3 - as we heard. We'll have to live with this environment for the
> next 2 years before the next OS-update.

Hi Hans,

if you can you should definitely try to upgrade to KDE 3.4. Feature wise the
improvements may not look too impressive, however all the fixes only in
KMail (and so in Kontact) are an important reason to use 3.4. If you run
Kolab 2, you have to use 3.4 anyway, because Kontact in 3.3 doesn't support
Kolab 2. (You might want to use the proko2 branch of kdepim, but there you
won't get support from the distributors either.)

So yes, you better use KDE 3.4 all in all.

Regards,
Andreas