economic joint venture to support kolab

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Wed May 18 20:00:36 CEST 2005

Dear All,

i'm using those mailing list because i know that here there are many
people involved in doing business using kolab product.

We are an italian company and are going use kolab for some our email
systems project.
We would like to enanche some components of Kolab to get it more
"business and enterprise ready".

Specifically we would like to see in Kolab:

@Kolab Multidomain Administration Support (enterprise/service provider
availability to add new domain and new subdomain each with it's own data
structure and administrators)

@Kolab Application Separation (enterprise/service provider availability
to separate each components of Kolab in it's own server having the
"logic" of such separation inside Kolab)

Those feature allow the infrastructure to be much more scalable and
absolutelly usefull for service provider and group of companies.

There are some companies working directly on Kolab critical parts that
could do in a professional manner such works.

However those work cost money, so we are proposing to who could be
interested in supporting such development to divide the cost and sponsor
togheter the development activity.
This would be a similar approch to the Horde Bounty Program to get
support of specific feature inside an opensource software.

We would obviously thank you all the companies that already give their
support to the Kolab project financing development of very important
components (Just think at Matt's company with the Horde Support/Bugfix
financing).

For everyone working on service remember that the "exchange replacement"
business will grow up in the following years having Kolab.

This discussion is opened to other company that are going to do business
with Kolab and would like, joining togheter, to save money and get a
better product for all.

Best Regards

Fabio Pietrosanti