Kolab Extension for Thunderbird

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Mar 29 13:51:57 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, 26. März 2005 17:25 schrieb Niko Berger:
> Hi all,
> I am developing the SyncKolab Extension for thunderbird (can be found
> under http://www.gargan.org/extensions/synckolab.html ) I thought I
> should subscribe here to get some feedback with kolab users. I just
> finished V 0.3.0 and you can now sync the calendar and the addressbook
> over imap. It should be fully kolab compatible, but it would be good to
> have some ppl test it.

Hi Niko,

I followed your installation guide. A problem of mine is that I'm not an
expert regarding the Mozilla applications. It was quite difficult to find
the place where to configure the extensions. Well, I've found it, but I'm
not sure to have configured the settings correctly. Perhaps you can state a
bit more verbose on your web page where to find the settings.

I've choosen the default for a personal addressbook and a new calendar (My
Calendar). I've set the account and the appropriate folder. What does the
"Save to IMAP folder checkbox" mean? (Sorry, you refer to a Release Notes
document, but I don't now how to find that.)

There are two Sync checkboxes (Calendar and Contacts). What do they mean? Is
that bidirectional syncing? I would like to have Thunderbird reading from
my Kolab account, but I would prefer not to upload any data so far. Is that
possible?

I currently have Sync Calendar activated, but I wonder how I can access the
data from within the calendar application. Is the data written to any file
after the conversion? Additionally, guessing from your roadmap, Kolab 2
format seems to be unsupported so far. This would explain why I don't get
any data to see.

Wow, that's many questions. Nevertheless your approach is promising.

Best regards,
Andreas